Sometimes it is a time issue. Sometimes it’s a feeling of "Where do I begin? Sometimes it’s simply a feeling of intimidation or having bene left behind.
My hope with this page of links is to offer some useful resources for any small business owner at any stage of their social media evolution:
Hubspot, probably the best champion of inbound marketing – attracting customers – has a useful post for those starting on Facebook: How to Create a Facebook Business Page in 5 Simple Steps
Hubspot’s Mike Volpe offers a video tutorial called How to Advertise on Facebook Using Pay Per Click Ads link text
Twibs, a Twitter business portal, lists more than 47,000 businesses who are on Twitter and covers 1,000s of topics.
On Pinterest there are thousands of boards. Two that might prove useful: Interesting Graphics – a Pinterest board curated by me that features infographics that mostly relate to social media and its uses for business. Social Media Posts – a Pinterest board also curated by me that features images that link to blog posts about social media.
On Linkedin? Then use its groups feature to discover useful groups in your community and in your industry. Go to Linkedin Groups.
Useful posts on the web:
Mashable, a great resource for news about social media has a section dedicated to social media and business.
Entrepreneur magazine’s collection of social media posts.
Inc. magazine’s The Business Owner's Social Media Tool Kit
Social Media Examiner’s A Beginner’s Social Media Guide for Small Businesses
B2C, the Business 2 Community, blog’s 10 Benefits of Social Media for Business Every Skeptic Should Know
How to Create Perfect Posts on Social Media is an infographic that covers Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and Linkedin.
Mark Schaefer regularly blogs about social media and business; his 5 Great ideas to unleash business benefits from Twitter Lists is very useful.
A collection of my earlier blog posts that may be useful to small businesses:
- Hey baby, not on social media? This might help …
- Social media offers big benefits to small business
- 10 Social Media Resources for Small Businesses
- 5 things brands should be doing on Instagram
- Twitter 101-2: Getting more from Twitter
- 10 Tips for Social Media Beginners
- Social Marketing Experts Offer Key Advice
- Top 10 Business Social Media Mistakes
- 5 Signs Your Business Needs Help With A Social Media Strategy
- 10 Tips for Better Business Tweeting
- 10 Ideas to Help Business Navigate Social Media